12.1.10

my first show.

I went and saw my first play in london. A friend of mine's older sister came to the london center a couple years ago and she recommended it. so our first real night here, saturday night we hopped at the chance. Its called The Woman in Black. Its said to be the most frightening live stage show in the UK and as far as I can say, it is. It is performed at the Fortune Theater in Covent Garden.


The show itself was rather simplistic. It only have two actors, and then the woman in black. It was simple set with very few props. But it was still remarkable. The actors did an amazing job and the whole story was really convincing.

[its not the same actors or props but its very similar to what i saw.]

The plotline, in a nut shell, is that it's a play within a play where one man is telling of the experience he had with the woman in black who haunts a house in northern england fifty years previous. the story is quite chilling and I honestly screamed.... the woman in black comes out of nowhere! After the show I got a totebag from the giftshop that has the outline of a woman's screaming face and it says " I came. I saw. I screamed." It was really fun, next time you're in London, hit it up.

[these were the actors I saw, this guy was amazing]

No comments:

Post a Comment